Monday 19 October 2009

News Feed : about a dwarf theme park in Kunming, China

Actually, although I left China, most probably and I would like to think 'for good' (meaning both for the better and forever that is)it doesn't mean I have seized my China watching, in fact I read the news every day and although now it is not first hand observation I still try to keep one eye on it.
Two days back I came across an article about a dwarf amusement park near Kunming (Yunnan province, South China) and it doesn't surprise me at all. Chinese are kings of kitsch, ugliness, cheap fun and shallow entertainment. In this particular case it is abuse of a bodily deformity from which someone figured out they can get some cash from. The rest of the world has long passed through the 'freak show' faze, in China it is now...and noone seems to exactly mind very much...

link : In China, it's a small world after all

I heard a few years ago about dwarf tossing in Northern China, but this news about the dwarf theme park is even more creepy...

No comments: