Friday 9 October 2009

Typhoon Melor passes by


My latest post about 'me in Japan' ended with my observation about the different climate and weather here...And mentioned raining...

Hm, little did I know that just a day later a typhoon is going to 'land' in Japan...Luckily it turned out that the impact on Kyoto and Kansai area (where Kyoto belongs to) and the power of the typhoon were not as bad as feared. It turned out that actually there was a typhoon warning (of which I didn't have the slightest idea) and my yesterday opening ceremony and placement test were hence rescheduled for today...However I didn't know that, and actually went to the campus surprised to find it out. Indeed in the evening (Wednesday to Thursday) the weather seemed quite bad with heavy rain and strong wind,but not as bad as to get me thinking of typhoons (not that I know what a typhoon looks like), and in the morning although it was still heavily raining the weather didn't look extraordinary bad to me so I went to campus...
Well, luckily the typhoon by-passed here and was weaker than expected...
Good thing that.
It got me thinking though, hm what does this island with its freakish earthquakes, tsunamis, typhoons, etc. has in store for me?! And how should I know what to do?

No comments: